Oct 31, 2009

Nightmare on Leonard Street

I am so pissed right now. If you know me at all then you are aware of exactly how much I love love love Halloween. It's one of the few days of the year where I'm actually excited to do something and don't have a problem standing a lot or walking (two of my least favorite activities).

Of course, it is this weekend that my foot decides to stop working. Randomly yesterday, the arch of my left foot started hurting. By the end of the night I was hobbling around like a cripple. Even though I was so wasted that I couldn't read I could still feel the pain--it was that bad. But I kind of hoped that if I slept it off and kept off my foot for eight hours or so it'd be OK today.

I wake up and it's just as bad as it was last night, maybe worse. I've iced it, elevated it, stretched it, massaged it. None of it worked. The only thing I've found to help at all, oddly, is wearing heels. I'm sitting around, unshowered, unkempt, in sweats, no makeup,...and heels. It's weird. And obnoxious. I love Halloween almost as much as I love birthdays, maybe even more. And I don't even know if I can go to the big parade tonight! All I want to do tonight is dance and party and have an awesome time. I don't know how I'm going to do that if I can't even walk.

I knew I should have been Lady GaGa in Paparazzi. (That was a legit costume idea of mine. Don't judge.)

No comments:

Post a Comment