Apr 15, 2009

You Have Got to Anticipate Me!

So basically for the past week and a half I've mentioned Weekend at Bernie's Two fairly often, probably daily. I just couldn't possibly figure out the basis for a sequel and then once I looked it up it sounded to absurd to be true. Here's the wiki summary:
It is the sequel to the 1989 comedy Weekend at Bernie's and continues the misadventures of two young executives, Larry Wilson (Andrew McCarthy) and Richard Parker (Jonathan Silverman), and their deceased boss, Bernie Lomax (Terry Kiser). In the first film, Larry and Richard were forced to create the illusion that Bernie was still alive in order to avoid being killed themselves. In the sequel, Larry and Richard plot to use Bernie to find treasure he had buried at the Virgin Islands. Before stuffing the body into a suitcase and heading for fortune, however, Bernie is partially revived in a botched voodoo ceremony and made to walk toward the hidden treasure whenever he hears music.
I'm obsessed. It sounds like Earth Girls Are Easy quality almost. I just need to see it. But anyways, I've been talking about it none stop and I went to see Flight of the Conchords tonight (it was amazing by the way) and in the middle of "Jenny" Bret busted out into a Weekend at Bernie's Two discussion and I could not contain myself. It was like he read my mind. Maybe I should put out mind ads like this guy. Also, Bret was looking a little beat down but Jermaine was looking fiiiiiine. I've officially switched teams. Speaking of people who look suprisingly attractive:

Oh yeah, and go to the rescue. Or at least check out all the videos.
XOXO,
Gossip Gennis

No comments:

Post a Comment